Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tettegouche

On my mission to conquer as many state parks as possible, Tettegouche was the third on my list. First stop on the trip was at Russ Kendall's Smokehouse. I'm not really that fond of smoked fish, but Grandpa gets what Grandpa wants. I'd been by Kendall's many times in route to Barthell's cabins where I spent quite a bit of my youth. The scenic drive between Duluth and Two Harbors is awesome, and I highly recommend it-- especially if you're not in any hurry.


The fog never quite lifted the entire day, and admittedly I thought there was a fire in the Silver Bay/Beaver Bay area. The odd weather provided some interesting photo opportunities throughout the day, primarily along the water and up on top of Palisade Head.

The stairs and inclines were pretty intense in comparison to Gooseberry Falls. In hindsight, these obstacles were nothing compared to what I would later experience at Cascade River and Judge Magney State Parks. The difficulty overall in the hike was well worth shagging the unambitious hikers who stick close to Gooseberry where the main attractions are a quick paved walk.



Posted by Picasa


The vastness of the landscape is not done any justice in these photographs.

No comments: