Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mille Lacs Kathio State Park

I kind of missed out on the fall colors this year. My partners in crime were indisposed with prior engagements, and hiking just isn't as much fun by my lonesome. When I was set and ready to catch the fall foliage on the golf course, Mother Nature threw in a monkey wrench with some ill timed snow-- I don't have snowshoes.

This particular Saturday was about the only day that was worth getting out of bed for... the sun actually decided to shine. I'd been spying this day on the forecast when Amy told me she would be free for a hike at Mille Lacs Kathio State Park. I'd been to this park, but never hiked it or actually chose to enjoy it. Outings like these don't seem quite as much fun when you're a kid.

The leaves were past peak, but wonderful nonetheless. Golden hues from maples, rusty browns from oaks, and changing grasses made for some spectacular scenery.



The morning started out quite beautiful, but as time wore on, the clouds became thicker.



Posted by Picasa



These two weren't taken in black and white nor filtered.










No comments: