Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Year in review

The days are getting longer now that we have officially met winter. Three months until spring, four months until quality hiking, five months until graduation, and six months until an overdue trip to Thunder Bay. Ok, so graduation doesn't have much to do with weather or hiking, but it certainly will allow me to plan without time restrictions. I have much to look forward to this upcoming year, though the new year is not here quite yet.

Last New Year's, I made a resolution to spend more time with my camera and more time blogging. In doing so I had quite and active year. On top of work full-time, school full-time, two softball leagues, and hanging out with grandpa as much as possible, I was able to fit in 11 state parks. At those state parks I scaled walls, stood too close to the edge of cliffs, took thousands of pictures (literally), and miraculously escaped with only sore muscles and maybe a few scrapes. In those travels I ate lunches consisting of crackers and cheese overlooking waterfalls, disconnected from the world, found commonalities with hundreds of strangers, and forged a friendship.

One last trip is on the slate, and most likely it will be the first post of the New Year. Ditching the cold and snow of Minnesota for the warm, sandy beaches of Florida will provide a welcomed break from the daily grind. With camera in toe, I'll be slathering on sun screen to protect this fair complected, freckled, Minnesotan body.

This year's resolution?

More trips, more pictures, more blog entries.

(And keep eating healthy, keep running, keep my grandpa schedule, keep frequenting the E, keep working on being a better person, keep trying to surround myself with good people, keep searching for my niche in the technology world, keep on keepin' on)

See you on the flip side.