Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Canada: Part 1

I found myself in Canada for five days. Well, truth be told, I didn't just end up there (though I'm sure that would make a great story). It was a strategically planned escape from reality conveniently worked around busy periods at work.

We started out running-- literally. A quick 5k at the Hallett Center celebrating Fit Week followed up by Bloody Marys kicked off the long, long vacation weekend. We rolled up to Grand Marais for a night and then spent four days up in Thunder Bay. The scenery was superb (summary of hikes to come in a later post) and the people were kind of Minnesota Nice. For all I know other than a few extra "Eh?"s, I might have not even left the states-- I'm pretty sure we did though 'cause that boarder patrol lady pierced my retinas and stared into my soul with her terminator glare. I'm still shook up, rocking in fetal position, and sucking my thumb.



Thunder Bay is a happening place. Not.
The sign reads, "Gentlemen." I'm still not sure what type of an establishment this was other than it was a "Cinema" that sold lattes.



No comments: