Friday, June 11, 2010

Window Panes and Picture Frames

I’ve been neglecting this blog despite a strong urge to do something about it. Fighting a lack of content, I hope to remedy the problem with a weather permitting vacation-- to Canada we go. More to come on that at a later date.

A couple weekends ago, I set George H. Crosby Manitou State Park in my sights. The trek to FInland, MN is a trip on highway 61 north west of Silver Bay. Tucked back in the woods, this particular park sported a great set of cascades as well as some great overlooks.
Describing the aforementioned park brings me back to the reason I decided to conquer state parks in the first place:

There is an abundance of natural beauty all around us that many fail to take the time to appreciate. I don’t want to be one of those people that miss the details. I don’t want to be looking through window panes and picture frames when I can be experiencing the world first hand.
George H. Crosby Manitou
 George H. Crosby Manitou

No comments: